Fresh Lobster Curry With Papaya And Avocado
|Fresh lobster||3 Pound|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh ginger/1 pinch ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ripe papayas||3 Large|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Shell lobster and cut the meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Lengthwise cut the papayas into halves; remove seeds and keep aside.
3. Preheat oven to 325° F.
4. in a deep skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© lobster for 10 minutes.
5. in a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onion for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in flour, curry powder, and ginger and cook over low heat 2 minutes with constant stirring.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil; then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
8. Taste the mixture for seasoning and add curry powder.
9. Add the butter-curry mixture to the lobster and cook for another 10 minutes.
10. Fill the papaya halves with lobster mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
11. Peel and slice avocado just before serving.
12. Cover the top of dish with avocado slices and sprinkle coconut.
13. Serve hot.