Papaya Shrimp Curry
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Dash|
|Shrimp||2 Pound (Cooked Or Canned, Deveined Or Fresh)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Lengthwise cut the shrimps into halves.
3. Peel papayas and cut lengthwise in half; remove seeds.
4. In a skillet or chafing dish, melt butter to prepare sauce.
5. Stir in onion, green pepper, and garlic and sautÃ© until tender but not browned.
6. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, ginger, chili powder, and pepper.
7. Add shrimps to the sauce and heat thoroughly with constant stirring.
8. Fill the papaya halves with shrimp mixture.
9. Place the stuffed papaya on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
10. Serve on a bed of hot rice.
11. Garnish with macadamia nuts and chutney.