Pra Raam Long Song - Beef in Coconut Curry
|Coconut milk||800 Milliliter|
|Water||200 Milliliter (If You Don'T Want A Thick Curry, Add More Water)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Roasted peanuts||115 Gram, slightly crushed|
|Mutton||1 Kilogram, cut into bite size pieces (Lamb /Mutton)|
|Beef/Lamb /mutton||1 Kilogram, cut into bite size pieces|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Inch|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|French beans||250 Gram, cut up into 1 inch pieces|
|Star fruit||1 , cut into slices|
|Red chili||1 , shredded (To Garnish)|
1. In a pressure cooker, and pour half of the coconut milk. Add water till you get the consistency of your choice. Add peanuts and soy sauce. Cook for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
2. In a blender or a food processor, make a paste by adding shallots, garlic, ginger, chilli powder and slices of lemon grass. There will be an awesome aroma when you open the processor jar. :)
3. Heat a saucepan and pour in the remaining coconut milk and heat until it bubbles. Add the spice paste, stirring all the time to bring out the flavor.
4. Add the cooked beef into the sauce pan. Put in the beans and star fruit. Let it cook for 5 minute till the beef gets the flavors.
5. Add in sugar and fish sauce. Boil for 1 minute. Remove, scatter shredded chilli over it.
6. Serve the curry hot with steamed jasmine rice by the side.
In the original recipe, vegetables like spinach, kale or mustard greens were are asked to be used. Because, I didn't have them, I used star fruit and French beans. If you decide to use the above mentioned veggies, plunge them in a saucepan filled with boiling water. Spoon the sauce and meat over it while serving.
Star fruit that used were not sweet but they were sour. So it kinda helped to get a good balance.