|Lean stewing steak||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Stock||3⁄4 Pint (41/2 Deciliter)|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Trim fat off the beef.
2. Cut into cubes.
3. Peel and slice onion thinly
4. Preheat oven to 325Â°F (170Â°C or Gas No. 3)
5. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, melt butter over moderate heat
6. When hot add onions and sautÃ© until limp
7. Add garlic and curry powder and sautÃ© for another 5 minutes until fragrant.
8. Add meat and sautÃ© until it changes colour.
9. Add flour and seasonings to meat and onion mixture and stir.
10. Gradually pour in stock, stirring to make a smooth sauce.
11. Stir in chutney, lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
12. Bring to boil, stirring then take off heat.
13. Cover tightly with lid and transfer casserole to oven
14. Cook for 2 hours until meat is tender.
15. Serve curry over plain boiler rice or a pilaf.