|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, peeled and minced|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dill seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
|Turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), trimmed|
|Whole mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), stems trimmed (Small Ones)|
|Cauliflower florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Small Ones)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, seeded and diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Hot Ones)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 8 or 9 inch non-stick skillet, saute the onion and ginger in the margarine over a medium heat for about 1 minute until the onion is softened.
2) Stir in the basil, dill seed, marjoram, thyme, minced parsley and turmeric, mix well.
3) Stir in the mushrooms, cauliflower, tomato, lemon juice, bay leaf and curry powder.
4) Simmer on a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender.
5) In a serving bowl, spoon the rice, discard the bay leaf and spoon curry over rice.
6) Garnish with the Italian parsley and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 896 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 71 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 132.7% Vitamin C 218.6%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 52.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet