Best Shrimp Curry
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound, drained|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Dissolve bouillon cubes in water.
2. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole put together celery, onion, and butter.
3. Cover the casserole with lid.
4. Cook on High for 6 to 7 minutes until onions and celery are limp.
5. Add flour, salt, curry powder, sugar and ginger; blend.
6. Cover the dish again.
7. Cook on High for 1 minute.
8. Slowly add bouillon to flour mixture, stir until smooth.
9. Cover the dish again.
10. Cook on High for 5 to 7 minutes until the sauce thickens and becomes smooth; stir occasionally.
11. Add shrimp and lemon juice to the casserole.
12. Cover the dish again.
13. Heat on High for 2 to 3 minutes to heat shrimp.
14. Add sherry and stir.
15. Serve over hot rice with condiments.
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 502.8 mg167.6%
Sodium 2571.2 mg107.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 53 g105.4%
Vitamin A 30.2% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 53.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet