|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 Ounce|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound|
|Whole black peppercorns||5|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon|
To Make Curry Sauce:
1. In hot butter in large skillet, saute chopped onion, chopped apple, garlic, and curry powder until the onion is tender—will take about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat blend in flour, 1 teaspoon salt, the ground ginger, cardamom and pepper.
3. Gradually stir in chicken broth, lime juice and grated lime peel and bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce heat and simmer sauce, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
To cook the shrimp:
5. Rinse shrimp under cold running water.
6. In a large saucepan, combine 1 quart water, 1 tablespoon salt, the sliced onion, sliced lemon, and whole black peppercorns and bring to boiling.
7. Add the cleaned shrimp.
8. Return to boiling reduce heat and simmer shrimp, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes just until they are tender when tested with a fork.
9. Drain shrimp, discarding cooking liquid.
10. Add shrimp to curry sauce stir in chopped chutney and heat gently just to boiling.
11. Serve the Shrimp Curry hot, with curry accompaniments and fluffy white rice.
Serve with curry accompaniments such as Chutney Pickled watermelon rind Chopped green pepper Chopped green onion Diced avocado Cucumber slices Diced tomato Salted nuts Peanuts Sliced banana Raisins Pineapple chunks
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.9 mg83.6%
Sodium 2292.7 mg95.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet