Salmon With Curry Sauce
|Salmon fillets||1 Pound|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Currants||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), skimmed|
1) Rinse the fillets with water and pat dry with paper towel.
2) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk.
3) Use a broiler pan to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
4) Brush the fillets with 1 teaspoon oil and place inside broiler to broil about 10 minutes per inch of fish.
5) In a small skillet add 1 tablespoon oil to heat.
6) Add chives, curry powder and mustard and blend thoroughly.
7) Set aside from heat.
8) Stir in wine and lemon juice by continuous stirring.
9) Place over heat and fold in currants.
10) Stir in the cornstarch mixture and blend well.
11) Place the broiled fish into serving dishes. Spread curry sauce and serve immediately.
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.6 mg50.9%
Sodium 207.6 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 53 g106.1%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet