|Chuck steak||12 Ounce|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce|
|For the curry sauce:|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Cooking apple||1⁄2 , peeled and diced|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Chutney||3⁄4 Tablespoon (Or 1 Dessertspoon)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
1. Trim off all the excess fat from the meat and slice it into neat pieces.
2. In a casserole dish, place the meat pieces and keep it aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 300°F.
4. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sauté the onion for 3 to 5 minutes until soft.
5. Add the apple.
6. Stir in the curry powder first and then flour and lastly the stock. Boil and then add the chutney, sugar, lemon juice and sultanas. Cover the lid to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Add on the prepared meat and cover the lid. Place in oven to bake for 2 hours.
8. Take a pan and pour in the washed rice along with lots of water about 15 minutes before serving. 9. Let it boil for 10 minutes or until rice is soft.
10. Strain the rice and turn into a hot dish. Let the steam dry in a warm oven for 5 minutes.
11. Serve the rice and curried ingredients separately.
12. Arrange a bed of rice on to each plate and the curry over the top.
13. Offer sweet chutney separately.
Calories 975 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.2 mg48.1%
Sodium 511 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 39 g77.2%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet