|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Apple||1 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Quart|
|Curry powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken/Cold meat / hard boiled eggs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large stock pot or kettle, fry chopped bacon until golden.
2. Add onions and apple to the drippings and sauté till golden and soft.
3. Blend in the curry powder and sauté till it starts to foam
4. Gradually pour in the milk and stir till blended to make a smooth sauce.
5. Stir in coconut.
6. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently.
7. Blend in the cream to make a smooth thick sauce.
8. Add the chicken, meat or eggs and heat through.
9. Season to taste and keep curry warm by placing over a pan of simmering water.
10. Serve the seafood curry over rice.
11. Garnish with parsley if you like.
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.8 mg12.9%
Sodium 450.5 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet