Shrimp In Curry Sauce
|Peeled shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Rounded)|
|Fish stock/Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon (Rounded)|
|Mango chutney/Apricot jam||1 Tablespoon (Rounded)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
1) Peel and finely slice onion.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and stir fry onion.
3) Cover pan and saute onion until soft ensuring not to make it brown.
4) Mix curry powder and saute gently until brown.
5) Blend flour, cook for a few minutes, and then add the stock stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
6) Mix tomato puree, lemon juice, and chutney or jam, let it simmer and then strain the sauce through a sieve.
7) In a skillet heat butter, saute onion and cleaned shrimp.
8) Blend in the curry sauce, bring to boil, and spread cream.
9) Remove pan from heat.
10) Serve shrimp and sauce with hot rice.