|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Quart|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Cooked shrimp/Chicken / lobster / crabmeat / lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Currants||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Salted peanuts||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Salted almonds||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Chopped crisp bacon||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over a medium flame..
2. Add onions and apple and sauté till golden and soft
3. Blend in the flour and curry powder and sauté till it starts to foam
4. Gradually pour in the stock and stir till blended to make a smooth sauce.
5. Stir in lemon juice and rind.
6. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Strain stain the sauce and return to pan
7. Blend in the jelly and season to taste.
8. Bring to a boil and add any of the meats or seafood and simmer till well heated.
9. Serve the chicken curry over rice.
10. Accompany with shredded coconut, currants, chutney, salted almonds, peanuts
and crisp chopped bacon serve in small bowls and passed at the table.
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.3 mg53.4%
Sodium 812.6 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 10% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet