|Cooking apples/Cooking pears||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, cored and halved|
|Canned apricots/Canned peaches||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Yeast extract/Maggi||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger/1 level teaspoon ground ginger||2 Teaspoon (Leveled), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon (From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Ground almonds/Coconut cream||1 Ounce|
|Bananas||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon, tinned|
|Raisins/Few salted nuts||1 Ounce, cooked in little orange juice for a few minutes|
1) In a covered pan, allow the pears or apples to simmer in the juice from the apricots or peaches until the fruits are just soft.
2) Heat oil over low heat and sauté onion in it until pale yellow.
3) Add in curry powder, flour, water and yeast extract or Maggi, mixing well and then boil the mixture until thickened.
4) Mix in ginger, lemon rind and juice and nut cream or almonds and then season with salt.
5) Heat the mixture again after adding in the cooked fruit, juice, tinned fruit and the bananas, being careful to prevent the mixture from sticking.
6) Take off from heat and mix in cream and more salt (if required).
7) On a large serving dish, serve the curry hot with rice.
8) Decorate with orange twists and watercress and top with a few scattered salted nuts.