Dry Potato Curry
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into chunks|
|Salted water||1 Pint|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon/2 teaspoons tamarind mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water||1 Small, grated rind and juiced|
|Green pepper||2 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed with 1 level teaspoon salt (optional) (1 Small Clove)|
|Salted peanuts||4 Ounce|
1) Cook the potatoes for 7 minutes until partially done and drain well.
2) Heat fat over low heat and sauté onion and curry powder in it for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in potatoes, half lemon rind and the juice or tamarind and water.
4) Cook, covered for 10-15 minutes more, stirring occasionally and mix well with a chopstick or handle of a wooden spoon to prevent sticking, being careful not to mash the potatoes.
5) Mix in garlic, green pepper and half the nuts and again cook, covered for a few minutes.
6) Into a hot serving dish, pour the curry and top with remaining nuts.
7) Serve hot, garnishing with cress and lemon slice, with a lentil or fruit curry, rice and a tray of relishes.