Hot Chili Fish Curry
|Shelled cooked shrimp/1 pound cooked diced fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
|Star anise||1 (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Peel and chop the onions coarsely, similarly peel and crush the garlic.
2. Take a heavy pan and soften the butter over it. Sauté chili powder and curry powder over low heat for about a minute.
3. Blend in the garlic and onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the stock gradually and stir it well. Blend honey, tomato puree and lemon juice.
5. Fold in star anise and cook this sauce for about an hour by covering the lid.
6. Take out the anise and add shrimp or fish and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve after seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.