Hot Chili Fish Curry
|Shelled cooked shrimp/1 pound cooked diced fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
|Star anise||1 (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Peel and chop the onions coarsely, similarly peel and crush the garlic.
2. Take a heavy pan and soften the butter over it. Sauté chili powder and curry powder over low heat for about a minute.
3. Blend in the garlic and onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the stock gradually and stir it well. Blend honey, tomato puree and lemon juice.
5. Fold in star anise and cook this sauce for about an hour by covering the lid.
6. Take out the anise and add shrimp or fish and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve after seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 940 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 524.8 mg174.9%
Sodium 1819.3 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 71 g143%
Vitamin A 50.1% Vitamin C 72.4%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 108.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet