Fruit Curry Modern Style
|Canned fruit||48 Ounce, drained (Pineapple, Apricots, Peaches, Pears, Mangoes, Guavas, Seeded)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Desiccated coconut/1 ounce coconut cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||6 Ounce (1 Large One)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger/1 level tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Fruit juice||3⁄4 Pint|
|Soy sauce/Maggi /vecon||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (Tinned)|
1) Mix salt and desiccated coconut with water and leave aside for 15 minutes.
2) Strain the mixture.
3) Heat butter and oil, over low heat and sauté onion in it until yellow.
4) Make a thick sauce by stirring in curry powder, flour, ginger and enough fruit juice.
5) Boil the mixture for 5 minutes after adding in soya, lemon rind and juice and fruit, until cooked well.
6) Add in nut milk, cream and more salt (if needed), mixing them well.
7) Serve in a hot dish with rice; sliced bananas mixed with frozen orange juice; salted nuts, potato crisps or poppadums along with a green salad of thinly sliced green pepper, watercress, onion and a vinaigrette dressing.
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg5.3%
Sodium 484.1 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 58 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 72.3%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet