Braised Brisket Of Beef And Cooked Meat Curry
|Beef brisket||2 Pound|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled), blended|
1) Ensure that the meat has been tied neatly. If required, skewer it. Dip the meat in the seasoned flour and set it aside.
2) Peel the onion and slice it. From the turnip, scrape and peel the thick part and scrape the carrots. Cut the turnips and carrots into thin sticks and then into lengths of 1/2-inch. For the serving, make neat shapes.
3) In a large saucepan, heat the dripping and brown the meat. Remove meat from the pan and add the prepared vegetables. Gently heat without browning and on top, place the meat.
4) Add the bouquet garni, seasoning and just enough stock to cover the vegetables. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5) Take the meat out and surround it with the cooked vegetables.
6) Into the strained stock, stir in the blended cornflour. Heat the mixture, stirring till it starts to boil and has thickened. Strain.
7) Serve hot with creamed potatoes.