Brains In Curry Sauce
|Calf's brains||2 Pound|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Seedless green grapes||3⁄4 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak the brains in cold water for about an hour. Add two tablespoons of salt.
2. Clean them thoroughly by running under the cold water and get rid of the fine skin that covers the brain.
3. Get rid of any fibers and discolored parts and add the brains in a pan with lots of milk to cover.
4. Cook it slow and gently for about 10 minutes until the brains turn firm.
5. Drain and keep the milk aside.
6. Slice the brains into ½ inch chunks and spread it over the serving dish and cover it with foil to maintain the warmth.
7. Remove the skin of the onion and garlic and chop it finely.
8. Take a saucepan and soften the butter in it. Cook the onions and garlic in it over low heat for about 5 minutes.
9. Add curry powder and flour and stir it well.
10. Add the chicken stock in a very gradual manner with ½ cup of milk good enough to cook the brains. Blend them thoroughly.
11. Cook the sauce over low heat until it reduces to the consistency of thick cream.
12. Add grapes when the sauce cooks and cook for another 5 minutes at low heat.
13. Add the cream, salt and freshly ground pepper and season it to taste.
14. Spoon the sauce over the brains.
15. Serve it with triangles of toast and plain boiled rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2801 Calories from Fat 1734
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g299.7%
Saturated Fat 90.3 g451.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12626.2 mg4208.7%
Sodium 2128.4 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 93.4 g
Protein 131 g261.2%
Vitamin A 83% Vitamin C 326.3%
Calcium 93.6% Iron 119.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet