Ginger Celery Curry
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalks||3 , diced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Cumin seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy flour||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl or a cup, prepare a slurry by combining soy flour with ¼ cup water.
2. In a skillet or a non stick saucepan, heat oil over a medium high flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
4. When the seeds pop, add ginger, turmeric and the curry powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add the diced celery and carrots and sauté until coated with the spices.
6. Pour in the water and add seasoning to taste.
7. Reduce the flame, cover the pan and allow the vegetables to simmer for 15 minutes until they are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
8. Add the peppers, cumin, lemon juice and honey. Stir to combine with the vegetables in the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
9. Stir in the soya flour mixture until blended with the vegetables. Continue sautéing for another 3 minutes.
10. Dish out immediately and serve hot with rice, millet or bulgar wheat.