|Top round/Top sirloin||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (If Desired)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms/1 large can stems and pieces||2 Pound|
1. Peel, core and chop apples.
2. On a meat board, cut the steak into 1 inch cubes.
3. In a large bowl, dredge the meat in curry powder and flour.
4. Use a heavy bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven
5. Melt butter in the pan.
6. Add garlic to melted butter and sauté till soft.
7. Brown the dredged meat in the butter with garlic, sautéing to prevent the flour from burning.
8. When meat is evenly browned, add water, onions, raisins, apples and water chestnuts and stir to mix.
9. Cover the pan and simmer on low flame, for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
10. Add sliced mushrooms and seasonings.
11. Re-heat curry on the stove or in the oven, before serving
12. Serve curry in a casserole dish.