Pumpkin Curry with Chickpeas and Spinach
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai yellow curry paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Lemongrass stalks||3 Large, bashed with the back of a knife|
|Pumpkin piece/Small squash||4 Ounce|
|Vegetable stock||9 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Reduced fat coconut milk||400 Milliliter (1 Can)|
|Canned chickpeas||400 Gram, drained, rinsed|
1. Cut the pumpkin or squash into dices.
2. In a large skillet or casserole, heat oil over a medium flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
4. Then add the curry paste, onions, lemon grass and cardamom pods. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are soft.
5. Add the pumpkin or squash and sauté in the spice mixture until well coated.
6. Pour in the stock and coconut milk and stir to blend with the pumpkin and spices.
7. Add the chickpeas and stir then bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
9. Reheat the curry before serving.
10. Squeeze and stir in juice of 1 lime.
11. Ladle the curry into a casserole.
12. Garnish the curry with mint leaves.
13. Serve the curry with naan or with steamed rice.
14. Accompany with slices of lime at the table.
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg0.8%
Sodium 911.3 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 10 g21%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 26.4%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet