Black Eyed Pea Curry
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped carrot||1 Tablespoon|
|Black eyed peas||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Hot red peppers||2|
1) In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, tomatoes, red pepper and carrot.
2) Thoroughly wash and drain the peas and keep aside.
3) In a large saute pan, add oil and heat up to sauté onions and cardamom pods till brown.
4) Add the spice mixture.
5) Add the peas along with a can of water.
6) Allow the liquid to boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes by placing the lid on top.
7) Season the preparation with salt and hot, red pepper just 5 minutes before serving.
8) Serve as a side dish with hot rice by garnishing with finely chopped cilantro.