Indian Style Tofu Curry
|Medium firm tofu||1 Pound|
|Green chili||2 , split in half (Indian Variety)|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Green peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Large, finely diced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Start by adding olive oil in the pressure cooker. Add the green chili, bay leaves, onions, asafetida, turmeric and salt. Cook until inions are translucent.
2) Add the tomatoes, coriander powder, garam masala, and red chili powder. Mix well.
3) Place a lid and let this mixture cook for at least eight to ten minutes or until it renders oils on its sides.
4) Remove the lid and add water. Place the lid back and bring this mixture to a boil.
5) Remove the lid and add peas and cubed tofu. Mix gently and place the pressure cooker lid with the whistle on. Cook to one whistle on medium heat.
6) Remove from heat and stand by for half hour.
7) Open and serve the prepared Tofu Curry with Rice or Naan
This video is a creation of the aarsi. You can visit aarsi for complete recipes,and more videos.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1120 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 890.2 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 41.6 g166.2%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 70 g140.9%
Vitamin A 111.3% Vitamin C 390%
Calcium 146.6% Iron 109.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet