Spicy Vegetable Curry
|Baking potatoes||4 Large|
|Sunflower oil/Ghee||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ground coriander||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cumin||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground fenugreek||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground turmeric||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Chili powder||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Cauliflower florets||6 Ounce (175 Gram, Of Small Size)|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and cut into small chunks|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and cut into small chunks|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, halved or quartered (125 Gram)|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, cut into short lengths (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Natural yoghurt||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Creme fraiche||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
1) Heat the oven.
2) In the oven, set the potatoes for baking.
3) In a large saucepan, heat the oil or melt the ghee.
4) Fry the onions in it for 5 minutes until tender.
5) Add spices and garlic and stir the ingredients on a low flame for 3 minutes.
6) Keep stirring continuously to prevent scorching of the spices.
7) Now, add the vegetables in the spice mixture.
8) Toss them on the heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
9) Next, pour the stock and boil.
10) Lower the heat and simmer the mixture covered for 30 minutes, with constant stirring until the vegetables are cooked tender.
11) Add the yogurt and stir to mix.
12) Then, add the crème fraiche and gently heat.
13) Once the potatoes are cooked, halve them.
14) If liked, scoop out the flesh of the potato halves and mash them.
15) Spoon over the curry.
16) Serve immediately.
If desired, thicken the vegetable gravy by adding to it a paste of little cornflour and cold water, before adding the yogurt.