Curry Vegetable Pancakes
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Leek||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Carrot||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Broccoli florets||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Canned butter beans||10 Ounce, drained, rinsed (315 Grams)|
|Dried pasta||2 1⁄2 Ounce (Such As Risoni Or Orzo, Anellini, Ditalini Or Conchigliette, 75 Grams)|
|Polenta||3 Ounce (1/2 Cup / 90 Grams)|
|Boiling water||6 Fluid Ounce (3/4 Cup / 185 Milliliter)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup / 125 Milliliter)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Flour||3 Ounce (3/4 Cup / 90 Grams)|
|For coconut curry sauce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Curry powder/Curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely grated ginger||1 Teaspoon (Fresh Ones)|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut cream||12 Fluid Ounce (1 1/2 Cup / 3975 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. To make pancakes, cook pasta in boiling water in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and set aside. Place polenta in a large bowl and stir in boiling water. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Add milk, egg, flour and pasta to polenta mixture and mix well to combine. Melt a little butter in a frying pan over a low heat and when butter starts to foam, pour 1/4 cup/60 ml/2 fl oz batter into pan and cook for 2 minutes or until golden, turn over and cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove pancake, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
3. To make sauce, heat butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, add curry powder or paste, ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut cream and coriander, bring to simmering and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, add leek and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Add carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are just tender. Add beans and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
5. To assemble, place a pancake on each serving plate, top with vegetable mixture, then with a second pancake. Spoon over sauce and serve immediately.