Egg Curry S. Indian
|Eggs||4 (duck's or hen's)|
|Red chillies||5 Gram|
|Coconut||115 Gram (1/2 piece)|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Small|
|Vinegar||1 Teaspoon (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Ginger piece||1 Small|
1. Hard-boil eggs. Crack and cool in water. Shell and keep aside.
2. Peel potatoes. Quarter and steep in cold water.
3. Slice onions.
4. Roast red chillies, coriander and turmeric. Grind to a fine paste.
5. Chop ginger.
6. Grate coconut. Take out two extractions of coconut milk; the first extract thick and the second extract thin.
7. Heat half the oil. Saute sliced onions leaving aside a few slices for tempering.
8. Add spices and fry.
9. Add potatoes, chopped ginger, whole green chillies and the second extract of coconut milk and salt. Cook till potatoes are tender.
10. Add eggs cut into halves and the thick extract of coconut milk.
11. Add vinegar and remove from fire.
12. Heat remaining oil. Add onions, curry leaves, crushed cinnamon and cloves.
13. When onions are browned pour over curry. Stir well.
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 180.4 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 5% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet