Cashew Potato Curry
|Cashewnuts||75 Gram (Preferably Green Tender Ones)|
|Onions||2 (200 Gram)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Pinch|
1. Peel and cut potatoes into 5 cm. (2") pieces. Soak cashewnuts in hot water.
2. Grate coconut. Extract coconut milk from three-fourths of the coconut (twice).
3. Boil cashewnuts and potatoes in the second extraction of coconut milk.
4. Grind to a fine paste the remaining coconut, red chillies, coriander, turmeric and cumin.
5. Slice onions and sjit green chillies. Slice ginger and garlic.
6. Heat the oil. Add mustard and curry leaves. When seeds splutter add
found spices and sliced ingredients. Cook till onions are soft.
7. Add cooked vegetables, lime juice and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Add the first extraction of coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Test for seasoning and remove.