Indian Crab Curry
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Pinch|
1. Wash crabs, pull the top shell from the body.
2. Discard the stomach bag attached to the shell below the eyes.
3. Discard greyish white "dead man's fingers" and wash well.
4. Cut each crab into 4 pieces. Wash crabs well.
5. Grind together grated coconut, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves and ginger.
6. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds, chopped onions and curry leaves.
7. When lightly fried, add ground spices.
8. Add salt. Mix well with the crab and set aside for half an hour.
9. Add the liquid from the grinding stone or very little water and cook over slow fire till crab is done and almost dry.