Vegetable Koottu Curry
|Split bengal gram||50 Gram|
|Elephant yam||100 Gram|
|Ash gourd||100 Gram|
|Mustard seeds||3 Gram|
|Split black gram||10 Gram|
|Jaggery piece||1 Small|
1. Cook Bengal gram in 3 times its volume of water. Peel and cut yam and ash gourd into 0.75 cm. (1/4") pieces.
2. Add the vegetables, pepper, salt and turmeric and 1 cup of water to the, cooked gram and cook till vegetables are done.
3. Meanwhile, grind to a fine paste the coconut and chillies and add to the cooked vegetables and gram. Bring to a boil and remove.
4. Heat oil. Fry grated coconut, mustard seeds, curry leaves and black gram till brown. Add, with grated jaggery, to the curry.
5. Mix well. Keep covered for a few minutes.