|Ginger pieces||6 (1 Inch Cubes)|
|Rice flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Gingelly oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chilies||8|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind||2 Tablespoon, soaked in 1 cup water|
|For the seasoning|
|Gingelly oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chilies||2 , halved|
1. Crush ginger and squeeze out juice.
2. Dredge the ginger shreds in the rice flour and fry in 1/4 cup gingelly oil with green chillies. Remove and grind coarsely. Set aside.
3. Over a low flame, roast the coriander seeds, red chillies and fenugreek in 1/2 dsp gingelly oil. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Extract juice from the tamarind. Add to the shredded fried ginger, ground masala and salt.
5. Keep on fire and bring to boil. Simmer till the gravy thickens. Then add the jaggery or sugar and simmer for a few minutes more.
6. Fry the ingredients for the seasoning in 1 dsp. hot oil and add to the gravy.