Chakka Curry Jackfruit With Coconut
|Jackfruit||1 (Raw Medium Sized)|
|Green chilies||15 Gram|
|Coconut oil||30 Milliliter|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut jackfruit into quarters. Cut off the white pith on top.
2. With oiled hands, separate fruit, remove seeds and slice into thin, long pieces.
3. In a big strong pan, put in the prepared jackfruit. Add salt and sprinkle a little water over.
4. Cover tightly and cook quickly.
5. Grind together cumin, green chillies, turmeric and onions. Add coconut and grind coarsely.
6. Make a well in the centre of the jackfruit. Add ground paste. Cover with the jackfruit and allow steam to pass through. Stir with the handle of a wooden spoon and mix well. Add curry leaves.
7. Heat oil. Add sliced onion. When brown add mustard seeds and garlic.
8. When seeds crackle add jackfruit curry. Stir well for 2 or 3 minutes.