|Coconut||1⁄4 (3 Extracts)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger piece||1⁄2 Inch|
|Vinegar||15 Milliliter (To Taste)|
1. Wash and cut brinjals into 5 cm. (2") pieces or keep whole but slit if small variety is used.
2. Grind to a smooth paste red chillies, turmeric, pepper, salt, garlic and 50 gm. of onion.
3. Apply mixture to brinjals and set aside for 10-15 minutes. Wipe off masala from brinjals.
4. Heat oil. Fry brinjals till skin shrinks. Remove. To the same oil, add mustard seeds, sliced ginger, 15 gm. onion and green chillies.
5. Fry well. Add masala removed from brinjals. Add 2nd and 3rd extract of coconut milk. Bring to boil. Add vinegar and when liquid boils, quickly add brinjals.
6. Leave pan uncovered and continue to boil briskly till gravy becomes thick. When gravy is thick, add first extract (thick) of coconut milk and remove.