Egg Curry with Coconut Milk
|Eggs||6 (Full Boiled Eggs)|
|Potato||4 (To Be Par Boiled)|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Thin)|
|Coriander||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||2 , slit in two|
• Boil the eggs for about 5 minutes, remove the outer shell and cut into half and set aside.
• Cook the potatoes partially.
• In a medium sized sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and once that is hot, add the sliced onion and pearl onions and sauté well.
• Once the onions are softened and translucent, add the curry leaves, ginger and green chilies and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Once softened, turn down the flame to medium and add the coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric and black pepper powder and sauté till oil drains to the sides of the pan and aroma is apparent.
• Add the second extract of the coconut and allow the mixture to boil. Then add the vinegar and the partially cooked potatoes. Add the eggs and allow the sauce to blend well. Then add the first extract of the coconut milk (thick coconut milk) and switch off the stove before it boils.
• Garnish with slit green chilly and fried curry leaves.
• Egg curry tastes great with Appam/Idiappam/Steamed Rice/Bread