Boiled Egg Curry
|Hard boiled eggs||4 , boiled|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cardamom||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 Large Pinch)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||2 , chopped|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
1. Shell the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Arrange the egg halves on a serving plate.
2. Make a paste in a bowl by mixing the tomato puree, ground coriander, cardamom, ginger, garlic, almonds, and the coconut and chilli powders. Blend together and stir in 300 ml / 1/2 pint water.
3. Heat the oil in a kadahi, wok or deep frying pan over moderate heat. Pour in the spice mixture, lower the heat and cook gently, stirring from time to time, for 5-7 minutes, lowering the heat further if necessary.
4. Add the fresh chillies and fresh coriander, and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
5. Pour the sauce over the eggs.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 619
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 966.8 mg322.3%
Sodium 390.8 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.1%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 35 g69.3%
Vitamin A 104.6% Vitamin C 110.5%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet