Red Curry Tofu Stir Fry
|Extra firm tofu||14 Ounce, drained (1 Package)|
|Canned light coconut milk||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai red curry paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated peeled ginger||1 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Basmati rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), uncooked|
|Asparagus spears||8 Ounce|
|Peanut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Shiitake mushrooms||8 Ounce, stemmed and sliced|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wrap tofu blocks in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels, pat tofu dry, and cut into 1 -inch cubes; set aside.
2. Combine coconut milk and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add tofu to coconut milk mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
3. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
4. Drain tofu well, reserving marinade. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil and tofu; cook 5 minutes, turning cubes until lightly browned on all sides. Transler tofu to a serving bowl.
6. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and onion to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade to pan; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thick. Pour vegetable mixture over tofu, tossing gently.