Thai Mushroom and Tofu Curry
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Firm tofu||12 Ounce, drained|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced (white, crimini or oyster)|
|Vegetable broth cubes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lite coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Thai red curry paste/Green curry paste||3 Teaspoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime rind||2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Red pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Fresh thai basil/Coriander leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice/White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (hot, cooked)|
1. Cut tofu into cubes.
2. In large skillet or wok heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Stir fry onion 1-2 minutes till it is done.
4. Add tofu, stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 2-3 minutes, til the mushrooms start to brown.
6. Stir in coconut milk, broth, curry paste, lime rind and fish sauce and bring to boil while stirring to blend well.
7. Add green beans, reduce heat to medium and boil 5- 8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
8. Add red pepper, cook until sauce has thickened to desired consistency, about 3-4 minutes.
9. Stir in lime juice and sugar.
10. Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onion and basil or coriander.
The tofu can be substituted by chicken or shrimp.
Instead of the vegetable stock, you can use chicken broth as well.
Instead of the fish sauce you can use soya sauce or just salt for the salty flavour.
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 761.1 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 95%
Calcium 27.3% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet