Panang Chicken Curry
|Panang curry paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kaffir lime leaves||8|
|Coconut milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||4 , sliced thin into strips|
|Sweet basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh, With Stems)|
|Fish sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown onion||1⁄2 , sliced thin|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , sliced thin|
1. In medium saucepan, heat 3 tbsp. of coconut milk over medium heat.
2. Stir in curry paste and lime leaves. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds until the paste starts to brown.
3. Stir in the remaining coconut milk into the curry paste.
4. Increase the heat to a boil. Allow to boil for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the curry reduces about a 1/4.
5. Reduce to a simmer.
6. Add the chicken, basil leaves, onion, fish sauce, tamarind paste and sugar. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
7. Garnish with red bell pepper slices.
Calories 1130 Calories from Fat 809
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.6%
Saturated Fat 84.1 g420.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 621.3 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 50 g99.1%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet