Cold Crab Curry Salad
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Shallots||4 , chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander seed||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Cooked crab meat||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked and cooled|
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked and cooled|
1) In a pan, heat butter and saute apple and shallots until softened;
2) Stir in the curry powder, coriander seed, and flour.
3) Stream in enough milk to make a thick paste.
4) Remove the pan off the heat and allow the paste to cool.
5) In a bowl, fold together mayonnaise with the flour paste.
6) Mix in little lemon juice and adjust the seasoning.
7) Serve the crabmeat on a bed of rice and spoon curry sauce on top.