|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (Made With 4 Ounces Flour)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) On a floured surface, roll out the dough and cut out rounds measuring 4 rounds of 4 inches each.
3) In a pan, put the currants with some water and simmer till the currants are soft and plump.
4) Drain well and then mix together with all the remaining ingredients.
5) Between the rounds of dough, divide the mixture equally.
6) With water, moisten the edges of the dough rounds, fold them in half and then pinch and press the edges firmly to seal well.
7) On a baking sheet, place the dough rounds and bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till golden.
8) If you wish to freeze the pastries, cool quickly, flash freeze till firm, wrap in individual foil pieces, pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and return to the freezer.
9) To serve without freezing, place the still warm pastries on a serving platter and serve slightly warm or at room temperature. If using frozen pastries, remove the wrapping, thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours and then serve.