Betty's "Buried Treasure" Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 Medium|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and whisk well till combined. Put the butter and water and using the electric mixer beat well till combined to smooth.
4. Add the milk, egg whites and vanilla extract and continue to mix well till it forms a smooth batter. Add the chocolate chunks and mix well till combined.
5. Using an ice cream scoop fill the batter into the lined cupcake pan.
6. Bake for around 20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
7. Serve the cupcakes as it is as sweet snack or frost them as desired and serve them as dessert.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg6.9%
Sodium 231.7 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet