Red Velvet Cupcakes - Eggless
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the cream cheese frosting:|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon (room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce (room temperature)|
|Confectionery sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the muffin cups with the cupcakes liners, set aside.
3. In a bowl shift all-purpose flour, corn starch, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, mix using a spoon and set aside.
4. In another bowl combine unsalted butter and sugar and vanilla, cream everything using a hand blender until smooth.
5. Pour buttermilk in parts and blend until well combined, add half of the flour and blend. Finally add the remaining flour mixture and blend until well combined and batter like consistency.
6. In a small bowl combine baking soda and lemon juice and pour this mixture into the batter and mix everything well.
7. Add red food coloring and stir until well combined and you achieve the desired color.
8. Pour the batter halfway through into the muffin tray.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
10. In the meantime in a bowl combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix everything using a hand blender. Add vanilla and blend until well combined. Once done transfer the icing into the icing bag.
11. Once the cupcakes are done remove and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
12. Frost the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
13. Serve after a hearty meal.
To make buttermilk add water to the yogurt and make it watery consistency or combine 1 cup of whole milk with 1 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice.
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.9 mg12%
Sodium 261.2 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 44.8 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 0.64%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet