Diabetes Dessert- 90 Calorie Chocolate Cupcakes
|Cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated low calorie sweetener||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Low fat milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable spray||2 Dash|
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners, grease with vegetable spray and set aside.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a large mixing bowl add in the cocoa powder and hot water. Whisk until smooth.
4. Whisk in the sweetener until smooth. Add in the brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, egg and mayonnaise. Continue to whisk until smooth.
5. Add in the sifted flour to the mixture in small batches and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour in ¼ cup of batter in each muffin cup.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F.
8. Serve chocolate cupcakes for dessert.
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.8 mg5.9%
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet