Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), divided|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 Large, thawed|
|Unsalted melted butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooled|
|Whole milk/Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla frosting||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as required)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
3. In a bowl add ½ cup sugar, cocoa. Pour boiling water and mix for around 30 seconds till it turns glossy and smooth. Set aside to cool.
4. In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk till mixed. Set aside.
5. In another bowl, add eggs and beat them till mixed evenly. Add 1 ¾ cup sugar and continue to beat till frothy for about 3 minutes.
6. Put the cocoa mixture into the egg mixture and beat till evenly mixed. Pour the melted butter and mix till incorporated.
7. In batches add the flour mixture and milk/ cream alternatively into the egg cocoa mixture. Stir to mix it in. Do not over mix or beat (start and end with the flour mixture).
8. Fill the prepared cupcake liners to 3/4th. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean. Rotate the muffin pan after 10 minutes to cook evenly.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before frosting.
10. In a serving plate, serve the chocolate cupcakes as a dessert.
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.3 mg17.1%
Sodium 184.4 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.5% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet