Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
|Chocolate frosting||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Marzipan dough||7 Ounce|
|Food color||2 Dash (orange concentrated gel color such as wilton icing colors)|
1. To make the dirt: Break up cookies; put them in a food processor and process to make crumbs.
2. To make the graveyard: Frost cupcakes. Working over a dinner plate or cookie sheet, spoon chocolate cookie crumbs over the frosting. Alternatively, hold cupcake upside down and dip into a bowl of crumbs.
3. To make the pumpkins: Cut off a slice of marzipan about 1-inch thick. Knead it between clean fingers. 4. Dip a skewer or toothpick into the gel color to bring up a few drops of orange color and transfer the color to the marzipan. Knead in the color and continue to add more color until you reach the desired orange shade.
5. Pinch off some of the marzipan and roll it into a ball about ¾ inch in diameter. Gently press a skewer or toothpick into the ball to form pumpkin ridges. Insert a clove at the top for the stem. Repeat to make more pumpkins. As in nature, be sure to make different shapes – some smaller, some larger; some misshapen. 6. Continue to break off sections of marzipan and make pumpkins until you have at least two pumpkins per cupcake.
7. Arrange two to three pumpkins on each cupcake. If they seem wobbly, use a bamboo skewer to gently dig a hole in the cupcake and gently press pumpkins in place.
8. Repeat for remaining cupcakes.
9. Serve fresh.
Optional: Buy or print out Halloween stickers and attach to bamboo skewers. The graphic I used comes from the Martha Stewart CraftStudio app that I printed from my iPad.
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.6 mg18.5%
Sodium 492 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 64.3 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet