1. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. Follow the package direction and bake cupcakes in muffin tin. Remove cupcake from oven and let it cool completely.
3. Insert half pretzel stick into marshmallow. Now insert the exposed portion of pretzel stick on top of each cupcake.
4. Spread frosting on top of cupcakes. Cover everything including the marshmallow to create a Christmas tree.
5. For marshmallow star, in a bowl mix together granulated sugar and yellow food coloring.
6. On a rolling mat, sprinkle some yellow sugar. Place marshmallow on colored sugar and flatten it with rolling pin. Repeat the process on the other side. With cookie cutter cut star shaped marshmallows.
7. Decorate the tree with M&M candies. Top it with marshmallow star as shown in the video.
8. Serve Christmas tree cupcake immediately.