Apple Cupcakes With Syllabub Topping
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apples||4 Medium (Gala apples)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the syllabub|
|Caster sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider/Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||300 Milliliter|
|Lemon juice||1 Small|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F/180 C and prepare a cupcake tin lined with cupcakes paper.
2. Peel and grate the apples with a cheese grater and with the help of a pinch of salt squeeze all the juice out of them and keep the juice aside for later use.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients that is flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger.
4. In a separate container cream the butter with a hand whip, add the sugar, the eggs, vanilla extract, butter milk and then the flour mixture, slowly and mindfully on at the time
5. Put the cupcakes cups in the cupcakes tin and pour 3 tbsp of batter in each one of them.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, place the cupcakes tin on the medium or lower rack, once done let it cool on a cooling rack.
7. For the syllabub, in a mixing bowl mix castor sugar, calvados, squeezed apple juice, lemon juice and cinnamon whisk all the ingredients together except for the heavy cream and whisk till sugar is dissolved.
8. Add the heavy cream and start whipping it until the cream is dense and firm.
9. Place in the fridge and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
10. After 30 minutes, spread the cold Syllabub and put the cupcakes in the fridge for 10 minutes.
11. After 10 minutes remove from the fridge and using a knife make ripples in the syllabub and sprinkle cinnamon powder and sugar sprinkles.
12. Serve the delicious Apple Cupcakes with Syllabub Topping along with your hot tea.
We don't want too much moister in the batter because that would make it soggy. Keep the juice; we'll use it for the topping. Add 4 cups of the squeezed grated apples.