Carrot Pumpkin Cupcake With Maple Cinnamon Frosting
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Canola oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Organic)|
|Vanilla soy yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely shredded|
|For the frosting|
|Earth balance shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Earth balance butter spread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy milk/Hot almond milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cinammon powder||1 Dash|
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, all spice, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, whisk it well and set it aside.
3. In a separate bowl, pour the canola oil and to that add vanilla soy yogurt, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla and mix it all together using a kitchen aid or simply by hand.
4. While it is mixing slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
5. Once all the ingredients are mixed well, add the shredded carrots, raisins and incorporate it well.
6. Spray the cupcake liners with organic oil and fill the liners about 2/3 with the batter.
7. Now place the cupcake liners into the oven and let it bake for 25 minutes.
8. For making the frosting, beat the earth balance shortening with the earth balance butter, add soy milk, maple syrup and add the confectionery sugar little by little.
9. Once the frosting is ready, scoop it into the pastry bag.
10.Let the cupcakes cool and slowly cover the top of the cupcake going in a circular motion, while you dust the top with some cinnamon.
11.Serve these yummy light cupcake as a dessert or a snack during tea time.