Rum Punch Cupcakes
|For the wet ingredients:|
|Coconut milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark rum||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs yolks||2 Medium|
|For the dry ingredients:|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the rum glaze:|
|Coconut milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the frosting:|
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. For the dry ingredients: In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and combine together.
3. In another bowl, add butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and egg yolks bit by bit into the butter bowl and continue to blend.
5. Add vanilla extract and combine.
6. In a cup, mix the coconut milk and dark rum.
7. Alternate adding the dry ingredients mix and the milk mix and blend all the ingredients well together.
8. Line the cupcake molds with cupcake liners.
9. Scoop the batter into the liners.
10. Pop the cupcakes into the oven for 18-20 minutes.
11. For the rum glaze: In a pan, add the coconut milk and sugar and put on the stove.
12. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
13. Turn off the heat.
14. Add the rum and stir to combine.
15. Remove the cupcakes and let them cool for 10 minutes.
16. Poke holes into the cupcakes and pour the glaze over so that it soaks into the cupcakes.
17. For the frosting: In a blender, add the pineapple, rum and lime juice and blend well.
18. In a bowl, add the heavy cream and sugar and whip until medium peaks form.
19. Fold in the pineapple mix into the bowl using a spatula.
20. Pipe the pineapple whipped cream over the cupcakes.
21. Serve as a yummy dessert or snack.