Guilt Free Year Round Eggnog Cupcakes with Eggnog Cream Cheese Icing
|Cooking spray||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sugar free cake mix||250 Gram (Pillsbury)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fat free evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Light butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar substitute||2 Cup (32 tbs), powdered|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maple extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray two 12 cup cupcake tins with cooking spray or use liners, if desired.
1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add applesauce, eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
2. Using a standard ice cream scoop, place one scoop into each of the slots of the tin.
3. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
5. To make the frosting, beat all ingredients together until smooth. Keep refrigerated until required.
6. Frost the cupcakes with the chilled icing.
7.Serve it chilled as a desert.
- To cut out sugar, I used a sugar free cake mix and powdered sugar substitute, as well as replicate the flavors of eggnog through spices.
- Also, I cut out fat, calories and cholesterol by using applesauce in place of oil, egg substitute, fat free evaporated milk, butter spread and reduced fat cream cheese.