Chocolate Cupcakes With Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
|Bittersweet chocolate||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberry butter cream frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frosting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a medium heat proof bowl combine butter, chocolate pieces and cocoa.
3. Set bowl over saucepan containing water and heat until butter and chocolate are melted.
4. Whisk until smooth and combined.
5. Set bowl aside to cool.
6. In medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
7. In a second medium bowl, whisk eggs to combine and then add sugar, vanilla and salt.
8. Whisk until fully incorporated.
9. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
10. Add about 1/3 of flour mixture over the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
11. Add the sour cream and whisk to incorporate.
12. Mix the remaining flour mixture and whisk to combine.
13. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
14. Bake for 20 minutes until toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
15. Frost cupcakes with strawberry butter cream frosting.
16. Serve cupcakes with tea or coffee.
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.1%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.5 mg41.2%
Sodium 363.9 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 67.2 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet